Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Picture Perfect by Janice Thompson (Revell Blog Tour)

Back Cover (from Revell):
She’s trying to focus on her future. How can one man make everything feel so . . . fuzzy?

Hannah McDermott has a successful photography studio. She’ll soon be featured in Texas Bride magazine. And she has a celebrity client whose Galveston ceremony will be her ticket to the top spot on wedding coordinator Bella Neeley’s list of recommended photographers. But it could all come crashing down around her because of one man: archrival and photographer extraordinaire Drew Kincaid.

As the competition between Hannah and Drew heats up, Hannah is surprised to find that it’s not the only thing getting more intense. She can’t get the handsome man out of her thoughts-or even out of her line of sight-and the job of her dreams is turning into a nightmare. Will everything she’s worked for slip out of her hands? And can she see past her pride to find a picture-perfect love?


My Review:
I ADORED this book!
Cover Art
I couldn't set it down after I started reading! I truthfully don't know why I haven't read any of Miss Thompson's work until yesterday. Her wonderful writing combined with her humor and relatable characters made for such a great afternoon read. Yes, I did read Picture Perfect in an afternoon. No regrets.

In Picture Perfect we are in the head of the lovely Hannah McDermott. All her life she's believed she's come up second and she's ready to be first. The only negative thing I can think to say about Hannah is that she isn't very close to God yet, however, she is on the right track. We get so up-close and personal with Hannah's thoughts that it really made me feel like I could relate to her and understand her better.

Before I close this review there's a peeve I had that I would like to mention. I did not like how the married women made dreamy/infatuated comments about an actor right in front of their husbands. I mean, how disrespectful is that? But like I said, it was my only big peeve with Picture Perfect and it did not occur often enough to take away from my reading experience.

If you like a good romance tale with some humor, this is the book for you. :-)

Available February 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Janice ThompsonAbout Janice (from Revell):
Janice Thompson is a seasoned romance author and screenwriter. An expert at pulling the humor from the situations we get ourselves into, Thompson offers an inside look at the wedding business, drawing on her own experiences as a wedding planner.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reading the reviewing! I'm tickled that you enjoyed Picture Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I hope to track down Bella's series soon and read it. ;D Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Great review, Rosie. Glad you enjoyed it and love that you were honest about any pet peeves. :) Those sorts of "issues" I take in stride and view them as more fun girl-talk and disrespect but I get where you are coming from. :)

    Be sure to read some of Janice's other novels when you have the time since you liked this one. They're all fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-)

      I will! I cannot wait to read Bella's story. :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.