Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shattered by Dani Pettrey

Book Blurb (from Bethany House):
When her prodigal brother Reef's return to Yancey, Alaska, is shattered by his arrest for murder, Piper McKenna is determined to protect him.

Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. And he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth puts Landon's career in jeopardy.

When Piper launches her own investigation, Landon realizes he must protect her from herself--and whatever complications await as the two follow clues deep into Canada's rugged backcountry. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step. 

My Review: 
Shattered (Alaskan Courage, # 2)You don't want to miss this one!

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Shattered since I read Submerged last year. Reconnecting with the McKennas is such a delight! I fell in love with Piper and Landon from the beginning and I'm so happy their story came next.

Picking a favorite McKenna is like picking a favorite book or child, you just shouldn't do it. I love them all! Granted, I don't know too much about Reef yet so it's hard to tell if I like him as much as the others. That being said, Piper's story is just as exciting, if not more so, than Cole's.

Shattered has a slightly different feel to it than the first in the Alaskan Courage series; probably because I am familiar with the characters and their dynamics. Nonetheless, it's a good different. I loved watching the early signs of romance between Gage and Darcy. I loved watching Piper and Landon interact. And I loved seeing Bailey and Cole so in love.

As a big fan of romantic suspense and mystery, I thoroughly loved this one and I cannot wait for Stranded to come out later this year! (Also, as a quick minor note I would not recommend this series to a younger audience but rather to older teens and adults. ;D)

I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thank you, Dani!

Interested? You can get your own copy here. ;-)

About Dani:
Dani Pettrey is a wife, homeschooling mom, and author. She feels blessed to write inspirational romantic suspense because it incorporates so many things she loves--the thrill of adventure, nail biting suspense, the deepening of her characters' faith, and plenty of romance. She and her husband reside in Maryland with their two teenage daughters. Visit her website at www.danipettrey.com. 

8 comments:

  1. Dear Rosie,
    I miss your life/writing posts. They were my favorites.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah!

      Yeah, I miss them too. :( I'm working on some life posts to go up in March and brainstorming what to post that's writing related.

      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. Loved this book! :) And love your blog background too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOSH! SO glad you liked this one also, Rosie. You said it best: How can we pick a fave McKenna!? They are all so cool and seem like friends rather than characters. Though I like them ALL, I cannot wait for Kayden's story. Not only is it set up to be interesting but I think she is the character I relate most too.

    Great thoughts, Rosie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks! Oh, yes. I'm especially looking forward to Kayden's as well. I'm curious about that "wall" Darcy saw between she and Jake.

      Delete
  4. I loved this book too! It was just so good! Stranded can't come out fast enough!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.