Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review: Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson (ARC)

My Review: 
Full DisclosureMany fans, I'm sure, are ecstatic about Dee Henderson's return. Personally, I've never read anything from Dee before (I've been too preoccupied with other books.) which made me excited about reading Full Disclosure.

FBI Agent Paul Falcon has been sitting on a cold case for many years. His lady shooter has just up and vanished-- after murdering thirty people. He'd like to find her, yet he has no hot leads...until Ann Silver comes through his door.

As Midwest Homicide Investigator, Ann stumbled across an interesting case. An elderly man was speeding at night in the middle of a bad storm. When she digs deeper, she discovers a connection to Paul's lady shooter and the chase resumes.

My pros and cons for this book are pretty simple. I'll start with my cons. For me, the beginning was slow, and I mean slow. It wasn't clear which case was the more important one, and then the instantaneous romantic fluff bothered me. And that was just the first one hundred pages.

For pros, I gladly found the last half of the book to be enjoyable and I attached more to the characters. Dee entwines all of her plot points and characters and then things start to make more sense. The suspense level was set high for a while, but it didn't hold for nearly as long as I had hoped. (Off topic-- But there is a particular "fluffy" scene somewhat near the end that warmed my heart and made me smile-- but I won't spoil anyone.)

While I liked this book, I was nowhere close to loving it. If you're a past fan you might find this book more lovable than I did. I give this book three stars.

Back of the Book:
Ann Silver is a cop's cop. As the Midwest Homicide Investigator, she is called in to help local law enforcement on the worst of cases, looking for answers to murder. Hers is one of the region's most trusted investigative positions. 

Paul Falcon is the FBI's top murder cop in the Midwest. If the victim carried a federal badge or had a security clearance, odds are good Paul and his team see the case file or work the murder. 


Their lives intersect when Ann arrives to pass a case off her desk and onto his. A car wreck and a suspicious death offer a lead on a hired shooter he is tracking. Paul isn't expecting to meet someone, the kind that goes on the personal side of the ledger, but Ann Silver has his attention. 


The better he gets to know her, the more Paul realizes her job barely scratches the surface of who she is. She knows spies and soldiers and U.S. Marshals, and has written books about them. She is friends with the former Vice President. People with good reason to be cautious about who they let into their lives deeply trust her. Paul wonders just what secrets Ann is keeping, until she shows him the John Doe Killer case file, and he starts to realize just who this lady he is falling in love with really is...


Don't forget to check out the FB page where you can read three chapters for free! 

I received this ARC from Bethany House in return for an honest review of my opinions. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Dee Henderson is a superb author so I am anxious to read this novel - her return to the world of fiction, I hope will be memorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :D

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, I like your style of reviews.
    (Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way.)
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You're very welcome. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.