Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Book Review: Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon


Lethal LegacyMy Review:
I have long anticipated this suspense-packed, mystery, romance novel from Irene Hannon. I was able to fall in love all over again with the Taylor family and it saddens me that this is their last adventure I'll read about.

Cole Taylor is a single detective, who wants something more meaningful in his life, and has long since abandoned God. He is sick of flimsy dating-- and his sister poking into his personal life.

Kelly Warren is a single persistent woman who wants answers. The police ruled her father killed himself, but she doesn't believe that for a moment. Her father was a happy man and planned to be around to plant spring tulips with his daughter.

When their paths cross, Cole becomes intrigued with Kelly's case and offers his assistance until Alan, the case leader, returns. Such a simple gesture sends a thousand things running into motion.

Something I loved about Lethal Legacy was the strong knit family of the Taylors and how they looked out for one another. Near the end, after a long forty-eight hours, Mitch sticks at Cole's side until Jake can relieve him. Cole was never alone. Their care and honesty was so refreshing.

I also particularly enjoyed the friendship-bond that Kelly and Lauren shared.

To conclude, we're given many twists and turns- but they never get old! I highly recommend this book. :-D

Summary: 
The police say her father's death was suicide. But Kelly Warren says it was murder--and she has new evidence that she believes proves it. Detective Cole Taylor doesn't put much credence in her claim, and nothing in his case review suggests foul play. But when Kelly ends up in the emergency room with a suspicious life-threatening medical condition, the incident strikes him as more than just coincidence. Digging deeper, he discovers she's linked to a long-ago crime. Is history repeating itself? And who wants Kelly silenced?

I preordered Lethal Legacy, no review required.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great review, Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome!! :-D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. ALMOST through with this one! Yikes! Have a deadline starting next week. So far, so good - it's in a tie between this and book two.

    Honestly, I really didn't love Jake and Liz's story. Must get reading but the Olympics are taking up too much time. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on it! :D It is a close battle for favorite, isn't it? lol

      Meh, I liked their story but I found I liked Alison and Cole's stories more.

      Delete
  3. I've heard about this book! It sounds amazing - now I've got to read it! :)
    www.cierahorton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole series is amazing! :) I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.