Thursday, August 23, 2012

What's coming next week?

Hey all! I thought I'd start something new to go along with the new blog look. Every Thursday or Friday I will (hopefully) post next week's schedule and what I'm reading over the weekend. :-)

Schedule wise, I hope to have a wonderful writing post about plots on Monday. Then, I'll be posting a review of Elisha's Bones by Don Hoesel on Tuesday and on Thursday I'll be posting a review of Serpent of Moses also by Don Hoesel. That's all for next week!

Elisha's BonesTo finish up, here's what I'm reading over the weekend. First up, I'll be finishing Elisha's Bones by Don Hoesel. Here's the book blurb:
Every year, professor of antiquities Jack Hawthorne looks forward to the winter break as a time to hide away from his responsibilities. Even if just for a week or two. But this year, his plans are derailed when he's offered almost a blank check from a man chasing a rumor. Billionaire Gordon Reese thinks he knows where the bones of the prophet Elisha are--bones that in the Old Testament brought the dead back to life. A born skeptic, Jack doesn't think much of the assignment but he could use the money, so he takes the first step on a chase for the legendary bones that will take him to the very ends of the earth. But he's not alone. Joined with a fiery colleague, Esperanza Habilla, they soon discover clues to a shadowy organization whose long-held secrets have been protected . . . at all costs. As their lives are threatened again and again, the real race is to uncover the truth before those chasing them hunt them down.

Serpent of MosesThe next and final book I'll be tackling this weekend is the sequel, Serpent of Moses, which is also by Don Hoesel. Here's the book blurb:
Just three years after the recovery of Elisha's bones, Dr. Jack Hawthorne has given up teaching and resumed the practice of archaeology, although his frequent absences have put a strain on his relationship with Esperanza. Things heat up when Esperanza receives a call from an antiquities dealer with troubling news about Jack, and her fears are confirmed. Jack has gone to Libya in search of another biblical artifact: the Nehushtan, the serpent staff of Moses.
After Jack arrives in Libya, he soon discovers he isn't the only one searching for the Nehushtan. Later, in attempting to steal it, he finds himself in the hands of a man who just might be his match. Jack and his friends must stay one step ahead of the Libyan government, an overambitious member of the Vatican hierarchy, and an Egyptian assassin--if they stand any chance of staying alive long enough to recover the staff.


What are you reading or doing this weekend? :-)
  

4 comments:

  1. Nifty idea for a schedule. And neat looking books too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Elisha's Bones is reading a lot like an Indiana Jones type book, and I love it. :D

      Delete
  2. COOL!

    What am I not reading is the more appropriate question! LOL! I am sort of overwhelmed right now though I hope to make strides this weekend. (Hopefully after a way too busy weekend last week, this one will be relaxing with nothing more important than chilling at home with family and church.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Aw, I'm sorry. Hehe. I know how it feels to be overwhelmed. I felt that way shortly after I moved. Even now I'm fighting deadlines. Ah, well. Take it in strides, Rissi! :D It'll get better. I hope your weekend is more relaxing than last week!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.