Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book Review: A Passion Redeemed by Julie Lessman

A Passion Redeemed (Daughters of Boston, Book #2)Back of the Book (from Goodreads):
Graced with physical beauty, though shallow of heart, Charity O'Connor is a woman who knows what she wants. She sets her sights on the cantankerous Mitch Dennehy, editor at the Irish Times, who has unwittingly stolen her heart. And although the sparks are there, Mitch refuses to fan the coals of a potential relationship with his ex-fiancee's sister. But Charity has a plan to turn up the heat and she always gets what she wants--one way or another. Is revenge so sweet after all? Or will Charity get burned?

Full of intense passion, betrayal, and forgiveness, "A Passion Redeemed" will delight Lessman's fans and draw new ones


My Review:
Once again, Miss Lessman was able to enamor and frustrate me all at once.

It certainly did not help that this book was about Charity (you know, the single O'Connor I don't like) either. As I cracked open the book I mused to myself, "A Passion Redeemed to be sure." I can't say that this book made me love Charity, but it did lessen the dislike... a little.

I liked Mitch previously from A Passion Most Pure and was, at first, kind of upset he was falling for Charity, of all people. But, Miss Lessman won me over to the idea over the course of the 400+ page book. After all, only Mitch can seem to tame Charity with his own hard-head.

This book has it's ups and downs. In my opinion it didn't get good until Charity really made a change in her heart. As downsides go, the same complaint from A Passion Most Pure is also valid here. There is lots of passion. I also didn't like the deceit and seduction Charity carried on with. Otherwise, it's the same excellent writing. :-)

In closing, Miss Lessman has a knack for keeping things bleak for as long as possible. It seems to be a trend that doesn't fail from keeping me on the edge of my seat. I guess this is one of the many reasons I keep reading. Haha!

I bought this book. No review required.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet but your review is pretty much the opinion I suspect I'll have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hehe! The third one was good though, I liked it better I think.

      Delete
    2. Yup! :)

      Let me know when you read them. ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying this one even with its bad sides. :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.