Welcome, Melanie, to Writings of Rosie! Tell us about yourself, for those
who don’t know. :-)Hi, Rosie! Thanks so much for having me on your blog! I am a mom, wife, and writer living in north Alabama. I love chocolate and hanging out with my family. I was once a special education teacher with a degree in special ed. of the hearing impaired from The University of Alabama. I have taught in Georgia and Tennessee, as well as Ukraine and Germany. Now I make paper beads and necklaces with said beads in my spare time, when I’m not writing. And my husband and two daughters keep me grounded and busy.
How were you inspired for The Fairest Beauty?
I knew I wanted to write a Snow White story, and I started coming up with the idea about 4 or 5 years ago. While I was working out the plot details a couple of years ago, I would listen to Taylor Swift’s songs, “Love Story” and “Enchanted,” which inspired me a lot.
Will we get to see Duke Wilhelm’s family again?
Yes! You will see Duke Wilhelm and Rose and their children in The Fairest Beauty and in my next book, a Cinderella story called The Captive Maiden. Their second son, Gabe, is the hero in The Fairest Beauty, and their oldest son, Valten, gets his own story when he rescues Cinderella. :)
What movie/TV actors or actresses would you choose to play Sophie and Gabe, if there were to be a movie?
The person who looks the most like Gabe, and of whom I am a big fan, is Dez Duron, who was on the most recent season of The Voice. Dez would be a perfect Gabe! As for Sophie, I really couldn’t find anyone who fit her perfectly, but I guess the closest is Zooey Deschanel.
![]() |
| Gabe (via) |
When I write, I like to listen to Andrea Bocelli. His songs and his voice sound so romantic, and he sings in Italian, so it doesn’t distract me.
Where is your favorite place to write?
I like to write on my couch at home, but when I’m having a hard time getting the words down, I like to go to a public place like a restaurant or coffee house (even though I don’t drink coffee, only hot tea). For some reason, going to a public place with my laptop forces me to get the words down.
And lastly, where can readers find you on the web?
You can keep up with all my book news on my facebook author page https://www.facebook.com/MelanieDickersonBooks and on my website, www.MelanieDickerson.com
![]() |
| Sophie (via) |
Thanks so much for having me on your blog! :)
And now for the second big surprise! I am giving away a copy of The Fairest Beauty!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Copy is provided by DJC Communications, thanks!


I loved The Merchants Daughter, I would love to be able to read this book too!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah! I hope you will like it!
DeleteThanks for commenting, Sarah!
DeleteAll right Rosie and Melanie, great interview!
ReplyDeleteWould love to win a copy, thanks so much for the giveaway!
Happy New Year and blessings, Kara
Thanks, Kara! I can't wait for you to read it!!! :-)
DeleteThanks, Kara! Happy New Year! ;)
DeleteAw! I love that picture of Dez Duron! He looks so much like Gabe! :-)
ReplyDeleteOnly 5 more days till The Fairest Beauty comes out! Thank goodness!!! My publisher has been having inventory problems, and even I don't have a copy of the book yet!!! Crazy! But they FINALLY have them, as of yesterday, so we should all be getting them very soon!!! (I hope!)
Thanks so much, Rosie, for having me on your blog!
You are so welcome! :-D Yay! I can't wait to get a finished copy!
DeleteI can't wait to read this book! Fairy tale retellings are my favorites. :)
ReplyDeleteThis one was really great, Charity. ;D Thanks for commenting!
DeleteI love Melanie's books. The cover is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt is, isn't it? :D Thanks for commenting and following!
DeleteStill must read Melanie's novels. They sound divine - and I love those two Swiftie songs. :) Thanks, Rosie!
ReplyDeleteThis one is great. I really loved this one. ;D
DeleteI think it's cool that she uses current songs to influence her writing!
ReplyDeleteI know right? And who doesn't like those Taylor Swift songs? :D
DeleteI loved The Healer's Apprentice and The Merchant's Daughter! I have both on my Nook! And I can't wait for The Fairest Beauty! I even pre-ordered it for my Nook the other day! :-D
ReplyDeleteI think you'll love this one too! ;) Thanks for commenting and following!
DeleteI absolutely love Melanie's books and I can not wait to read this one and The Captive Maiden! It's so cool that they are connected! I also have to say that I love the fact that you picked Dez as your model for Gabe! He was my favorite on The Voice this season!
ReplyDeleteAwesome interview!
I know!! I suspected when I read The Fairest Beauty the next one would be about Valten, but I wasn't sure until I did this interview with Melanie! :D
DeleteI've read the Merchant's Daughter, would love to read another by Melanie!
ReplyDeletePatty
Thanks for commenting, Patty! Good luck!
DeleteOkay, I just love Melanie's books (I have them both) and I love to win a copy of this next one! But, *squeal,* I'm truly excited for the other fairy tales coming in future!!
ReplyDeleteinspiringdaring (at) yahoo (dot) com
Thanks for this giveaway!
:-D I'm excited about the future stories too, Rachelle! Best of luck!
DeleteI enjoyed the interview, and would love to participate in the drawing. I haven't read any of Melanie's books, yet, but am looking forward to doing so.
ReplyDeletemay_dayzee(at)yahoo(dot)com
You'll love 'em when you get started! :D
DeleteThe Merchants Daughter and the Healers Apprentice were amazing!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to read this book!
Thank you for the giveaway!
dymesich(at)juno(dot)com
Good luck, Leah! ;D
DeleteThis book looks so intersting! It would be really neat to actually hold it in my hands and be able to delve into its pages.
ReplyDeleteIt is interesting! Thanks for commenting!
DeleteGood luck!
I'd love to win this book! Looks so good!
ReplyDeleteIt's a great book, Marissa. Thanks for commenting!
DeleteThank you for a lovely review, and for offering a giveaway of Melanie's book. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting! Happy New Year! :-)
DeleteI love Melanie's books so would love to win a copy of The Fairest Beauty. Thanks for the interview with Melanie and the chance to win.
ReplyDeletepmk56[at]sbcglobal[dot]net
No problem, Pam! Good luck!
DeleteI haven't read any of Melanie's books yet. I would love a chance to win this one.
ReplyDeleteI think you'll enjoy Melanie's writing, Mary!
DeleteI would love to win this book for my grand daughters and I.
ReplyDeletegodblessamerica.jan(at)gamil(dot)com
Good luck, Jan!
DeleteI haven't read any of Melanie's books yet, but have a couple on my TBR pile and can't wait! shopgirl152nykiki(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteYou'll love them when you get started, Veronica! ;)
DeleteBeautiful cover! I'm looking forward to reading this. Thanks for the chance to win it.
ReplyDeletepbclark(at)netins(dot)net
It is a gorgeous cover. Good luck!
DeleteI'm an Andrea Bocelli fan as well! His "Romanza" album is wonderful to write to.
ReplyDeleteI haven't listened to much by him, but I think that will change. :D Thanks for entering!
DeleteI loved the first two books and I can't wait to read this one!
ReplyDeleteI really liked Healer's Apprentice too, Jasmine! Good luck!
DeleteThanks Rosie for the interview. Melanie, I have not read any of the books written off of Fairytales. Sounds good. Hope I can win. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com
ReplyDeleteThey're really good, Maxie! Good luck!
DeleteGreat interview! I'm so looking forward to reading this one, I love fairy tale retellings! How gorgeous is the cover?
ReplyDeleteecriggs1990(at)aol(dot)com
The cover is amazing!! I think Fairest Beauty is actually my favorite fairytale retelling right now. :)
DeleteAre you still looking for a native Chinese speaking teacher? We’ve got it covered. We carefully select every teacher through an individual interview, followed by a special training and a consultation session. All our instructors have a teaching certification and at least 3 years' teaching experience.I am a Chinese teacher,you can learn more about Free Chinese language info: Learn mandarin online 1-on-1 | Learn mandarin Chinese online
ReplyDelete