Monday, October 15, 2012

Writing Mondays: Preparing for NaNoWriMo

Hey everyone!

NaNoWriMo is in 16 days. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to panic. Everything I've been working on since July is creeping together. But it's still not enough to have me prepared for NaNo. So I've devised a checklist for myself that will, hopefully, motivate me.

    http://files.content.lettersandlight.org/nano-2012-beta/files/2012/09/Participant-120x240.jpg
  • Finish my outline
Now, I know what you're going to say. "You still haven't finished your outline? No, no I haven't. You see I "know" what's going to happen. I just need to write it down and let it flow with the rest of the story. 
  • Finish my villain sketch
The more I learn about my plot the more my villain is making sense. I need to gather up all my scattered notes on her and write some back story. From what I have learned, creating a good villain is key to a story's success.
  •  Work on my synopsis
This is something I have been wanting to do for a while now, but other things continued to steal my attention. When I finish it, I may post it here. :-)

I assure you that once this post goes live I will have thought of another three things I have to do. But none come to mind at the moment so I'll close the post with this question:

How do you prepare for NaNo? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. My hat is off to you, Rosie for participating in this. Best of luck, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.