Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Book Review: Love's Reckoning by Laura Frantz

Love's Reckoning (The Ballantyne Legacy, #1)My Review:
This book is AMAZING! Go right now to Amazon and buy this book!

Love's Reckoning is set in Colonial times, just after the Revolutionary War. Miss Laura Frantz immediately takes you into this beautiful period and entrances you. Although her enchantments are not limited to the setting, but also extended to the characters and the storyline.

Miss Frantz's words flow right off the page and enter your imagination. Her characters, particularly Eden, Elspeth, and Silas, jumped right off the page! Having never read anything previous of Miss Frantz, I am very much impressed.

I absolutely hated Elspeth. I was supposed to, I guess, but that wasn't my only reason for my dislike. She made me ache for Eden, so much! You haven't read about an "evil sister" until you read Love's Reckoning. I sort of saw a comparison from the Lee family to the story of Cinderella. Disney style, of course, and minus the evil step-mother and second step-sister.

I smiled with Eden and I hurt with Eden. Her struggles were so great, yet she overcame them with the help of her father's Scot apprentice, Silas, and God. The ending was absolutely satisfying. Goodness, I loved this book.

Back of the Book (From Goodreads): 
On a bitter December day in 1785, Silas Ballantyne arrives at the door of master blacksmith Liege Lee in York, Pennsylvania. Just months from becoming a master blacksmith himself, Silas is determined to finish his apprenticeship and move west. But Liege soon discovers that Silas is a prodigious worker and craftsman and endeavors to keep him in Lancaster. Silas becomes interested in both of Liege's daughters, the gentle and faith-filled Eden and the clever and high-spirited Elspeth. When he chooses one, will the other's jealousy destroy their love? 

I bought this book on Amazon, no review was required. 

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't ever read a novel by Frantz. I've heard a great deal of good things about her though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least make an effort to read this one! :p It's an excellent book.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you really enjoyed the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, dear Rosie, I love your review! I normally don't read my reviews but a little bird alerted me to yours and I feel so very blessed. Thanks for your generous spirit and your own very lovely way with words here! You have a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.